The City of Webster City’s City Clerk is appointed by the City Council and performs a variety of routine and complex clerical and administrative work in the administration of the City Government.
These activities include:
• Maintains and provides safekeeping of all Official City documents and records.
• Maintenance of the City Code, publishing, maintaining and certifying all City Council Minutes and official
actions of the City Council such as Ordinances, Resolutions and Motions.
• Attends and records meeting minutes for City Council Meetings. Signs and distributes all documents
appropriately following Council Meetings and records documents when necessary.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to elected and appointed officials and City Department
• Management of the Accounts Payable process, verifies the Purchasing Policy is being followed. Issues Tax Exemption
Forms for Contractors and Vendors.
• Acts as the City’s notary public and maintains the safekeeping of the City Seal, accepts legal papers served on the City.
• Publishes a variety of public documents such as public notices and responds to public records requests.
• Reviews Agenda and assists with distribution of agendas, scheduling meetings and preparation of meetings for City Council.
• Issues various licenses and permits for the City such as Liquor/Beer, Tobacco, Tree Surgeon, Transient Merchant licenses
and Parade and Fireworks Permits.
• Completes and files various State Reports for the City on quarterly or annual basis, including Use Tax, Motor Vehicle Tax
Refund, Unclaimed Property Report and Perpetual Care Cemetery Report.
• Serves as a liaison for elections and coordinates City Elections with the County Auditor.
• Maintains and files all communications and petitions directed to the City of Webster City.
• Serves as Secretary on the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
• Provides assistance to Financial Services Office as requested.
Karyl was born in Clarion and grew up in Dows. Karyl was appointed the City of Webster City City Clerk in 2010. Prior to that appointment, she worked in the Finance/Utility Office for seven (7) years bringing many years of experience from working in various Customer Service/Bank Teller and Administrative Office positions.
Karyl and her husband, Chuck, have two (2) children and three (3) grandchildren. She is an avid Snoopy Collector, loves spending time with family, spoiling her grandchildren, walking, watching sports and baking. Karyl is a member of the Peoples Credit Union Board and UDMO Advisory Board and a Member of Iowa Municipal Finance Officers Board of Directors for City Clerks and Municipal Finance Officers in Iowa.