Opening Date – Tuesday, June 23rd
Closing Date – Friday, August 21 (may be subject to change based on school start date and staffing availability)
Information listed below may be subject to change if circumstances warrant.
Pool Capacity is limited to – 108 people
Release of liability form must be completed by parents. Form is available by clicking here or at Fuller Hall. Please complete and return to Fuller Hall by 6:00 p.m. on Monday June 22nd. If Fuller Hall is closed you may put in the utility payment box at City Hall on the west side of the building.
Patron Pre-visit Requirements
- All participants should shower using soap and water before entering the water.
- Patrons are required to swim with members of the same household only and maintain social distancing from other families in the pool area.
- We request the patron be “swim ready” as there will be limited amenities available for changing.
- Patron’s temperatures will be checked before entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or more will not be allowed in the facility.
- Swimmers will not be allowed entry into the facility if they have any symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines. https://www.cdc.gov/
Symptoms include –
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Facility Amenities– There will be limited services to minimize contact with high touch areas.
- All deck chairs will be removed from the facility. Patrons will be required to bring their own chairs or loungers for use in the facility.
- Concessions will be limited to bottled water only and sold at the front desk. You may bring in your own water bottle – no glass allowed.
- Showers will be available with a limited number of patrons in the bathhouse to ensure social distancing.
- Rest rooms will still be an essential function of the facility. It is suggested that only 4 participants are in the restroom at any given time to help ensure social distancing. Hand soap and hand sanitizer will be stocked at every sink location.
- The following will not be available: water slide, diving boards, water fountain, storage lockers/bags, concession food, lounge chairs, water noodles, flotation devices.
Rates/ Memberships– There will only be a daily fee associated with the use of the swimming pool this year. No season passes will be available. Attendance is restricted to residents of Hamilton County and those that attend school in the Webster City District.
Charges for Pool Per Day: (Charges and admittance to outdoor pool limited to Hamilton County residents and those that attend school in Webster City school system– Honor System)
- Children (Under 2): Free
- Children (2-17): $2.00
- Adults (18+): $4.00
- Family Day Pass: $5.00
(All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a babysitter 16+ year old or an adult)
**Release of liability form must be completed by parents**
9:00-11:00 AM – Private Swim Lessons
11:00-11:30 AM – Sanitation Break (During this time the pool locker rooms, pool deck, benches and railings will be sprayed with a chlorine jacketed caplet hooked to a hose for sanitation. Also, there will be a sanitation employee wiping/spraying down frequently touched surfaces throughout their shift)
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM – Adult Lap Swim
1:00-1:30 PM – Sanitation Break
1:30-4:00 PM – Open Swim Shift #1
4:00-4:30 PM – Sanitation Break
4:30-7:00 PM – Open Swim Shift #2 (During this time new lifeguards come on duty & new session of adults and children will be admitted into pool area)
Cleaning/ sanitation practices– The restrooms and high touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized frequently. An approved sanitizer will be used to wipe down all high touch surfaces. A hand sanitizing station will be set up inside the entry to the facility and throughout the facility for patron use. The staff will have individualized safety gear for use for their shift. Each shift the equipment will be sanitized for that staff members use.
Sanitation Station Location:
- Outside main entrance door
- Inside main entrance door on pool deck near water fountain
- On pool deck located in the middle of the pool
Pool Sanitation– We will continue with sanitizing all pools with the recommended 2-4 ppm of chlorine and the PH between the 7.2-8.0 range suggested by the CDC.
Staff– The aquatics staff will be structured to ensure total coverage as well as back up coverage in the case of an emergency. Additional staff will be needed for required cleaning duties and monitoring of guidelines. The indoor staff break area will be limited to allow for social distancing. All Lifeguards will use individualized safety gear (rescue tube and rescue hip pack) and sanitize at the start and end of each shift. All staff will be required to wear a face covering during all hours of work. The exception would be in the event of an emergency and when up on high stands. A face covering would need to be removed to alert the EAP, blow the whistle, enter the water, and perform the appropriate rescue. In the event of an emergency where resuscitation is needed, the staff will use a BVM (bag valve mask) as the primary device to reduce the exposure to Covid-19. All other standard practices will remain the same.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact: Jeff Sheridan, City Manager at 515-832-9151 or email@example.com.
Last modified: June 17, 2020