On Monday, June 1, 2020, all offices located at City Hall in Webster City will be open by appointment only.
Most services can be handled online or over the telephone and residents are strongly encouraged to continue to use those options until further notice.
Utility Office – (515)- 832-9141
Please remember the following can be handled without coming into City Hall. If you need to contact the office, please call the office at (515)-832-9141.
Payments including Utility, Permits and Accounts Receivable – drop box, mail or online at Xpress Bill Pay (xpressbillpay.com or use the link on the City’s web page at webstercity.com), at this point the service fee continues to be waived.
Transfer or Termination of Service – call office at (515)-832-9141
New Service – call office at (515)-832-9141
We encourage you to call as soon as you know you will be moving for deposit information as well as completing the application form.
Rebates – forms can be found on the home page of our website (webstercity.com) – mail or use drop box on west side of building to return the application, copy of receipt and energy star verification if applicable
If you are using the drop box, please do not fold envelopes to fit unless you call to tell staff beforehand. The drop box is meant for regular-sized envelopes and can get jammed easily to the point of other items are not able to pass through.
Public Works, Zoning & Inspection – (515)-832-9139
Please remember the following can be handled without coming into City Hall, please give us a call, (515)-832-9139.
- Inspection Requests
- Nuisance Complaints
- Code Questions
City Manager’s Office – (515)-832-9151
For residents who believe they must visit City Hall, please call the appropriate number listed above to see if an appointment should be scheduled. Most service requests can be handled without having to physically come into City Hall. If not, an appointment time will be established and the following guidelines will apply:
- Only the visitor with the appointment will be allowed in the building.
- It is requested that visitors wear a face covering to their appointment.
- All visitors will be expected to use the main door (west front side of the building on Second Street) to enter and exit the building. If ADA accessibility is required, please let the staff member know when you schedule your appointment, and you will be instructed as needed.
- The staff member will meet you at the door to let you in and escort you to the appointment room directly inside the front door and escort you out when the appointment has concluded.
Citizen and staff health and safety continue to be our number one priority. Please do not enter City Hall if you are experiencing any of the following flu-like/respiratory symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or more Fahrenheit
- Chronic Coughing and/or Sneezing
- Shortness of Breath
- Any other flu-like symptoms.
In keeping with the Governor’s public health proclamation, vulnerable persons, including those with preexisting medical conditions and those older than 65 should continue to limit their activities outside of their home, including visits to City Hall for any purpose.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we work to keep you and our staff safe and healthy.
Last modified: May 28, 2020