To support the Governor’s Proclamation of Disaster Emergency pursuant to Iowa Code sections 29C.6, 135.140, and 135.144, the Iowa Department of Public Safety and Iowa Department of Public Health are providing the following guidance in the enforcement of this order.
The Proclamation contains a number of orders issued by the Governor in conjunction with the Department of Public Health, including orders related to the closure of:
• All restaurants and bars. Food or beverages may continue to be sold if delivered to customers off the premises or if such food or beverages are promptly taken from the premises, such as by carry-out or drive-through services.
• All fitness centers, health clubs, health spas, gyms, and aquatic centers.
• All theaters or other performance venues at which live performances or motion pictures are shown.
• All casinos or other facilities conducting pari-mutuel wagering or gaming operations.
• All facilities that conduct adult day services or other senior citizen centers.
It further prohibits social, community, spiritual, religious, recreational, leisure, and sporting gatherings and events of more than 10 people. This includes parades, festivals, conventions, and fundraisers.
View the official Public Health Proclamation
Last modified: March 18, 2020