The Webster City Hotel/Motel Tax Board met Wednesday night to determine the funding amounts for grant proposals.
The grant applicants gave presentations to the board Tuesday night, along with followup presentations from previous grant recipients.
The board voted to recommend the following funding levels for eight projects:
• The Career Ag Academy Inc., $20,000;
• Wilson Brewer Historic Park Committee, $8,000, for renovations to the first Hamilton County Courthouse;
• LIFT WC, $15,000, for bathroom renovations at the former Elks Club Building;
• Sons of the American Legion, $1,500, for a fly-in lunch at the Webster City Airport;
• Jane Young House Foundation of Webster City, $4,000, for repairs of the porch at the Jane Young House;
• City of Webster City, $5, 000 for the solar art sculpture at the City Plaza;
• Legacy Learning Boone River Valley, $5,000 for social media marketing
• TTMM, doing business as Hamilton County Speedway, $6,000 for marketing 6th Annual Summit USRA Nationals.
The recommendations will go before the City Council at the July 15 meeting.
The board also granted an extension to the City of Webster City Canoe Access project.
View this article as it originally appeared in the Daily Freeman-Journal.
Last modified: June 27, 2019